15 February 2010

...Job Situation

I was laid off from the hardware store on 1/29/10.  I had gone in the week before for an interview at NBT Bank.  I have since gone for a drug test in Albany and should find out tomorrow when I start (assuming I passed).  I don't really want to be a bank teller, but I also have found that I don't qualify for unemployment this time around.


I need to find the time to get my EBAY sales finished.  I still have 5 unsold items that I had purchased for this purpose.  Once I unload them I'll probably give up on the whole EBAY/ DBA business.  I need to look into dissolving it or if it's ok to just leave it open but not used for some time.  I feel like I probably do need to do something legal considering I had to do something legal to get it off the ground.  Paperwork...

4 comments:

  1. :o/ Well that's a nice pot of some stress. NOT.

    I personally think you're better off without an EBAY account. I sold my old, the-one-I-had-to-buy-'cause-it-was-what-I-was-supposed-to-do-but-not-because-I-wanted-it wedding dress online and it was just a headache.

    Hey! You should open a coffee shop. :D Have a little business that way. Everyone loves coffee! ^.^

    What have you heard about the bank teller job? Did you end up starting it? Or did you fail your drug test. I know you're a druggie, after all. (Just kidding!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of wedding dresses: for my mom's wedding in Jamaica (to the current stepdad) she just bought a white dress from David's Bridal that was for something random... She liked it.

    Yes, I'm probably just going to finish selling off the things I have (because I need my money back) and a few things that I just want to get rid of. I have some clothes I want to donate to Salvation Army or something.

    Everyone does love coffee, but I'm not sure anyone loves it as much as you do =) 35 cent coffee... that sounds gross... Was it really any good?

    I won't start the job until March 1st if I do, in Norwich. I'm awaiting results from the second screen because my first sample was "diluted". My nervous bladder really needs to die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow all the way in Norwich? :O You'll be far away. :o/ I hope it works out, though.

    How can your piss be diluted? O_O LOL. That's the craziest thing I've heard.

    I just finished dropping off a ton of stuff at the Good Will a couple weeks ago.

    Nobody seems to get the joke there. The coffee out of the machine was 35 cents. Such cheap coffee is hard to pass up. In today's economy, why pass it up! LOL. So even though it tastes mediocre at best, it's just delicious because of the pure fact it's so cheap! :D Haha. I'm delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really not looking forward to training in Norwich, but at least I'll be home the first weekend and then after the 2nd week I'm back home until they decide to have me killed. I mean, unless I need to train again.

    Apparently I drank too much water in too short an amount of time.

    Coffee is coffee. I'm glad you enjoyed it =) Was it at work or else where?

    ReplyDelete