21 March 2010

Going into Week 2

Yesterday was my first Saturday, and instead of working with the manager (which was the original schedule) I had to work with the brand-new assistant manager who doesn't actually know how the teller system works.  At all.  I had a complete meltdown around 130 and the AM had me go in the back room to calm down.  The other part-time teller had come in to correct an issue with her drawer and helped me out, taking over the customers while I was chilling out.

I came out to prove my drawer at 2 (close) and the manager had come because the AM had told her about my break-down.  She told me I did fine and that technically it was the AM's fault, not to be mad at her.  She made me smile by the end, but I was not out until 230 and my dad had to sit in the parking lot waiting for me.  That's a whole other story, relating to car issues I've been having as of late.  Anyway, it was terrible and what bothered me most is that I was supposed to be helped (per the training instructor's specific instructions) until I really had the harder transactions down-pat.  I wasn't.

I'm also looking into a part-time gig at AT&T in Rensselaer because that's where my stepdad has his account and I would like a discount if I have to have service through a company I'm not entirely fond of.  Here's to hoping...

3 comments:

  1. :o( Poor Jenna. I am very much like you: too much horribleness & new stress= meltdown. I'm awful at starting new jobs. I think it's mostly because people don't understand that you're TRAINING A PERSON WHO HAS NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON. It's like they expect the "newbie" to just "get it" or already know some vital piece of information. Ugh... I know how you feel. :o/ At least everyone was nice about it, though. :o) I hope the last few days have been better. I'll cross your fingers for something good out of the AT&T gig. Check out Indeed.com and all those spots for some writing jobs, too. I'll keep my eyes peeled...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen. I really appreciate it. I have been reading your blog, I just don't always have something useful to contribute. It's been a little better, but I'm now working 2.5 hours each morning and that's boring. I usually don't have any more than 2 transactions each morning now. If it doesn't seem better by Friday I'm going to talk to the manager about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meh, no biggie. You don't have to leave comments all the time. :D

    I haven't been really ON in a while, so I thought I might stop by and see what everyone is up to. ^.^

    Maybe you can get more hours later on. Maybe that'll help the boringness level? Hmm. Guess you'll have to see what the manager says.

    ReplyDelete